The Make Our School Safe Club is a group of brave, bright students – friends of those who lost their lives to the Parkland shooting. They are the nucleus of Make Schools Safe, the voice of our movement. These young activists are collaborating with one another, professional athletes who serve as advisors to MSS, parents, school staff, and law enforcement. They are in the processing of starting an official Make Our School Safe Club in Stoneman Douglas High School for the 2018-2019 school year to connect with administration to improve safety and implement best practices.
They meet with the Superintendent and Principal every 45 days and report their findings back to MOSS and their school to assess progress. They host fundraisers. They are asking teachers the hard questions, like where to hide should there be gun violence, in order to ensure that everyone knows how to handle code reds. They are addressing topics like bullying, which is as important as closed-circuit cameras in a school system. They are a part of media the organization takes part in. They are publicly speaking out and using social media to make their point of view heard.
Please contact us to learn more and/or launch a local Make Our School Safe Club Chapter in your school.
START A LOCAL CHAPTER
In order to expand, we would love to help build local chapters of Make Our Schools Safe, Inc. across the country to work with us as we continue to evolve and grow. Please contact us for details.
LAUNCH A LOCAL DREAM TEAM CLUB
The Make Our School Safe Club is a student-lead school group whose objective is to be the voice of improving school safety and tackle hot topics related to the subject with their peers. We want to empower today’s youth in becoming activists, enabling them to make necessary changes in the world. We believe in their perspective, opinions and ability to make a difference.
- Meet with your Superintendent and Principal every 45 days in a round table forum to discuss issues and topics, such as school safety, cyber bullying, social media safety, anxiety/depression, etc.
- Report to Coach Lori Alhadeff and Make Our Schools Safe to give a detailed report of the problems and solutions discussed on the meeting.
- Be open minded and accepting to all. The Make Our School Safe Club members do not exclude anyone from the club.
- Produce and host two fundraisers per year. The money from the first fundraiser will be donated to Make Our Schools Safe, Inc. (after cost of event and creating club t-shirts for the team) and the money from the second fundraiser will be donated to your school for school safety.
- Perform community service by joining forces with your peers. Create a group of students to help those in need. It may mean volunteering at a homeless shelter, a soup kitchen, or another charity. The point is to pay it forward. We will have meetings via Skype with all Make Our School Safe Clubs in the future.
- Create your own school t-shirt with Make Our Schools Safe, Inc. logo for your Make Our School Safe Club with funds from the first fundraiser.
- It is a proven fact that doing for others makes us feel good. The Make Our School Safe Club members are required to do good deeds, no matter how small (help someone cross the street, carry a bag for the elderly, etc.).
- Have fun!